27 July 2014

Showcase Sunday #14

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea and is a chance for everyone to show off what they've acquired during the week.

Not much this week because work has been more than hectic enough, but both books are fantastic. The second they dropped through the door, I had the packaging open and my head buried between the pages. Seriously, go out and get these books now.

War Girls is written by a whole host of my favourite UKYA authors, and each of the short stories is breath-taking. Just thirty pages had me in tears.

The Castle was featured in my Wishlist Wednesday a while back and was my first ever review-copy request. Ever. So I was thrilled when it came through the door on Thursday.


What do you have this week?

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, blogger ate my last comment!! Anyway, Both books sound awesome!! I love the cover of War Girls and have added it to my list. Enjoy.
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/07/showcase-sunday-july-27th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I keep seeing The Castle appear on twitter. It sounds great. Hope you enjoy :)

    http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/showcase-sunday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Castle looks great! Added it to my TBR list :) my first ever Showcase Sunday post is up on my blog http://www.ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sunday-showcase-1.html :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, congrats on getting your first ever review copy request! WOO HOO! I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not heard about either. I'll have to look them up!
    Happy reading!
    Brittany @ This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Sophia Bennett! I haven't seen this one yet but I loved The Look. Hope you enjoy it and congrats on your first review copy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment.

If you've left a link back to your own blog, expect a visit from me very soon - I spend pretty much all day reading blogs and taking part in bookish discussions.